Walking on sunshine...

Generally speaking, I am a pretty upbeat guy.

I have a darn good life. Both Real Life and Second Life are very good to me.

There are times however, that I find myself feeling guilty about it. Why should I be so happy when many around me don't seem to be?

I even find myself wondering if I could do something, to help someone I care about, be happier. On occasion, I have even become sad that someone I care about was not as happy as I hope they would be.

But that feeling of helplessness doesn't usually last to long, because I always do what I can to just be a good friend, and if someone I care about asks for help, I am always there.

Funny thing is, whenever I get into one of those moods, I always remember the instructions I get whenever I fly on an airplane. "If the oxygen masks should happen to deploy, always put yours on first, then help the people around you if they need it".

That..to me...means the best thing I can do for anybody around me, is take care of myself first. Because if I am not doing well, then how can I help anybody else!

So I always try and take care of me first. It sounds selfish when I say it like that, but to me, it's truly the best way I can help the people that I love in my life.

And when I see people not feeling well, or having a bad day, I don't rub it in that I am having a great day, but I don't let them bring me down either.

I also try not to NOT express how great I am feeling, just because somebody else is NOT having a great day.

They say misery loves company. That maybe so, but I find the best way to destroy misery, is to cancel it out, with happiness!

So, if I see you are not having a great day, don't be surprised if I pounce you, and tickle you, till I see at least a smile!
4 Responses
  1. My sentiments exactly! Looking forward to more of your positive posts and plurks. :) <3


  2. Right back at you Berry! Thanks for all the smiles!


  3. Elora Henig Says:

    I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
    and don't it feel good!!

    Thanks, I love this Katrina & the Waves "earworm"

    Have a "Perfect Day" :-D


  4. Anytime Elora! I figured SOMEONE would catch that song reference!

    and a "Perfect Day" to you as well!