Those special moments.

We all have them.   Sometimes they are shared with others, sometimes not.   Sometimes it is just a moment when the world is not banging down your door, and you can just be.  Those moments where you are not thinking about what you have to get done that day, or the next, or what you are gonna make for dinner, or any of those daily things.

It is a time to let your mind wander a little.  Maybe even reflect a little bit.  Think about where you are, and where you might be going.

Some people dread these moments.   It can be a reminder of how things are not going the way they want.  Others just ignore these moments, because they are too "busy" to even take a few to just....be.   I try and recognize these moments as often as possible.

I tend to be the last person awake in my house.   I would not call me a nightowl, but I stay up later than the rest of my family.   Sometimes I wonder if it is the guardian in me, making sure everybody is where they are suppose to be, safe and sound before I finally rest from the day.   Whatever the reason, I do get more "moments" because of it.

The other day, we had a rainstorm come through.   We don't get many were I live, so when I woke up to the sound of rain on the roof, it really did make me smile.   I woke up a bit earlier than normal, and put on my thick robe and went out on our back deck and just sat down in the chair.  Our house faces west, so from the back yard we get a direct view of our sunrises.

It was early enough so that most of the surrounding world was not really moving yet.   I had about 20 minutes of just listening to what was going on around me, and letting my mind just ride the universe.   The sounds, the smells, everything about it was just...there.   I was just...there.    I love those moments.

It is during those moments, what I personally take stock in my life.   I look at what I have done, what I am doing, and what I have planned for my future.   While my life is not perfect, I do have to say, I am a very lucky man.  When I look at where I am, I feel that while I might not be exactly where I want to be in my life....I am not far off, and I am very happy with the people I have surrounding me.   

So after recognizing my moment, and enjoying it for what it was, the moment was gone, and I started my day like any other.  On this particular day however, I had a little wider of a smile, because I was comfortable with what I saw during my "moment".

I hope you have your own moments.  Whether you use them to redirect yourself, or to just remember to appreciate what you have, I hope you take advantage of these "moments" when they present themselves.

I have not been doing much SL photography recently, and I have really missed it.   I have wanted to capture one of these "moments", and with the help of my plurk friends, found the items I needed to create a visual of a "moment".  I did not do any post processing on this shot, but I thought it captures that idea pretty well.






Have a wonderful Wednesday everybody!
0 Responses