How 'bout a NEW tool/toy?

Hi there.

Ok, so I have talked about a couple of tools that I have found to be indispensible, that have been around for a LONG time. Now I have one that I really like, that is NEW! WOOHOO!

So, recently, my freebie, or maybe not a freebie (I have had it so long, I don't even remember) hugger, finally stopped working. I think it was the havok 4 upgrade that finally did it in. When I went to hug someone, I just would keep walking, and walking and walking...not really want I envisioned when I went to hug said person...:)

So, I started looking around for a new hugger, and being the SLX maniac that I am, I started there.

I happen to see on the preferred links...a couples kiss/hug animator by Meike Heston. I am always one to try something new, so I purchased it, cause it had some great reviews, and in the description, had some intriguing things to say...:)

My first reaction? WOW!

This HUD, has some VERY impressive features. In the description on SLX, it boasts a height adjustment system, but I really did not get to put that through its paces, cause the people I tend to hug, are usually of pretty normal height (so far...:) ), but it does sound impressive.

The HUD layout is very simple, not to big, but not so small that its hard to navigate. You can hide it simply enough, with just a click of a button, but the overall HUD is small enough that when I am wearing it, I don't mind having it open.



Scrolling through the animations is simple also, and the names of the different animations are very clear, which is nice. Just makes finding the appropriate animation for different people, very straight forward.

Now, for a VERY cool feature. There is a "HOLD" button...so say you are in a very involved dip kiss, and you don't want to stop...JUST yet...:) Just click "HOLD", and you will stay in that spot...till you tell it otherwise. VERY VERY cool feature! Nice work on this one Meike!

That feature addresses one of my pet peeves with several animation systems within SL, about lack of control, but that is a whole 'nother blog entry...:)

Overall, this is a fantastic system. The animations are nice, the control you have is great, the interface is simple yet functional, and it WORKS!..:)

You still have the issue about lining up properly with the person you are trying to kiss/hug/etc, which I do hope somebody comes up with a solution to that someday. I know I know, I am a dreamer, but I also know we have some VERY smart people building things in Second Life, Meike proving that with this current system.

Ok, so lets see, what else do you need to know. The "*Meike TM* Hug & Kiss 2.0 Deluxe" is available both on SL Exchange and at his Shop in the Waterton SIM, and it only costs $800 Lindens at both places.

There is a V1.2 available also, with only about 5 animations in it, but 1/2 the cost, but I tend to go with top of the line stuff, but I am sure that version is just as good as this one.

Also, Meike Heston's Shop also sells the animations IN this HUD, individually, plus some clothes, and even a poofer thingy...:)

Anyway....nice to see some NEW stuff come out, that somebody really put some thought behind!

SEE YA!
0 Responses