Ok, some essential stuff...

Ok, so as I am creating this new avatar, I began to think...what do I NEED to have, not what was fun to have in the past, that I rarely use, but what do I USE in my daily journeys, what have I allowed to take up my precious screen space when I am inworld.

First of all, I would say my number one resource I use in Second Life, is not actually IN Second Life. It's SL Exchange.

For those of you that don't know, SLExchange (or SLX for short), is an website, where you can shop for Second Life items, without being IN Second Life.

I have had conversations about SLX with many people, and while there is something to be said for being able to see something inworld, and somebody actually said to me once "I want to be able to see and touch it (huh?...:) ), I have found SLX to be a HUGE resource. You can search for items, send gifts to friends (IF, they have a SLX account also), or just browse the latest and greatest stuff!

I know there are a few other shopping sites, and I have browsed them, but I seem to always come back to SLX.

I have to say, when being invited to an event, that is a theme I have NOT outfitted myself for already, being able to search on SLX has been a godsend.

Also, I have found myself just watching the main page, and letting the items just scroll by, kinda like window shopping, without having to move..:) This is great fun for me, cause I like to see what people are making, and selling. I even do this when I am not inworld, and am a little bored....:)

So check out SLExchange if you have not already, if you are anything like me, you might find yourself a little hooked...:)

Oh, and by the way, SLX is FREE!

More on what I actually DO allow to take up my screen space...in a bit..:)
0 Responses