OMG! I want MONO!

Ok, this week has been completely crazy. I have been DYING to get back over here, and write more (yes, I am officially hooked on blogging!).

Had planned on writing today anyway...but this morning I was greeted by a note from Linden Labs, that MONO is FINALLY HERE! WOOHOOO!

You can read the official Linden Lab blog entry HERE.

Now, in a previous blog, I mentioned how I felt that scultpy's has changed the look of Second Life, in such a wonderful way. I feel the same way about MONO.

Not only will it make scripts run better and faster, it will lesson the load on the Servers, and that helps EVERYTHING!

The full impact of this announcement will not be realized for a bit, as programmers recompile their scripts, and come up with new devices, toys, etc, to take advantage of this new environment, and I for one CANNOT wait to see what people do!

Being a old programmer myself, I have been kinda holding off a bit, only learning a little of the LSL scripting...just dabbling really, but now...I MIGHT just be tempted to do a bit more...:)

ANYWAY, I think this upgrade, will be another milestone for Second Life, and I cannot wait to see the outcome!

More is coming...I PROMISE!

Till then!
0 Responses